Moving and packing can be difficult, so when it comes to packing your kitchen, you need to be extra prepared. From having the right supplies to properly packing items to prevent damage, there is a lot to consider when packing up your kitchen. It’s important to first make sure you have the supplies you need to get the job done.
Before packing anything, you will need to gather the right supplies. This can range from boxes and bubble wrap to labels and markers. Here is a list of items you should consider buying or gathering before you start packing:
Here are some tips for packing your kitchen for moving day:
1. Start early: Begin packing your kitchen items at least two weeks before the move. This will give you plenty of time to organize your belongings and make sure everything is safely packed away. You can start by packing items such as vases, wine glasses, mixing bowls, cookbooks, extra dishtowels, and other items that are not used as often.
2. Label boxes: When labeling each box, make sure to clearly specify the contents of the box and where it should be placed in your new home.
3. Clean kitchen appliances: Before packing your kitchen appliances, make sure they are clean and in good working condition. This will help reduce any messes during the move.
4. Pack fragile items carefully: When packing any fragile items in the kitchen, make sure to use bubble wrap and other protective materials to ensure that they don’t get damaged.
5. Don’t forget food: If you have any perishable food items, make sure to consume them before the move or donate them to a local food bank.
6. Pack essential items separately: Pack any essential kitchen items that you will need right away in a separate box. This could include plates, utensils, and cooking equipment.
7. Disconnect appliances: Before moving your appliances, make sure to disconnect them properly so they don’t get damaged during the move.
By following these tips, you can make sure that your kitchen is packed safely and securely for moving day.
At Gardner Moving, our expert team can handle your residential move with ease, taking the heavy lifting and hardest rooms to pack off of you! We will load all your belonging, packing them into our truck carefully to ensure they remain safely at their new destination. When we arrive at your new home, we will unload your items and place them in your new kitchen and other areas of the home to make unpacking a breeze! Contact us today to learn more about our residential moving services.